Oatmeal, Coconut, Raisinet Cookies
This is in preparation for a small gathering tomorrow morning, I’m bringing these delectable and edible edibles. I have really wanted to try one of these videos. This one is a 500 image composite. I think it went rather well, aside from the camera not being still, and very harsh lighting. I slapped my Nikon 10.5 fish on my D80 and lit the kitchen with one SB-600. Was the juggling necessary, maybe not but it helped kill time because two out of three cookie sheets were rendered useless. I had to deal with only one sheet and bake the cookies in increments. I hope you enjoy the video and the obnoxious Irish Rock.
Here is the Recipe-
¾ cup flaked coconut
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3 cups oats
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8 oz Raisinets
1 ½ cups flower
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly toast flaked coconut in a non stick pan. Set aside.
3. Cream together sugars, butter. Mix Well.
4. Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture and stir.
5. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients (except coconut). Slowly add dry ingredients to sugar mix. Do not over-mix. Add Raisinets plus toasted coconut to dough
6. Spoon out 1 ½-inch balls onto cookie sheets.
7. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Enjoy! (Makes about 3 dozen)