It’s been a busy week with Lunar New Year and Valentines coming up so I’m super looking forward to a relaxing weekend. Mike and I are going to a very small concert at a questionable club but I’m really excited about who we’re seeing so that’ll be fun. Do you guys have any plans for the weekend? Maybe they’ll involve some small batch baking?
Other than the concert, I’m definitely planning on staying in this weekend because winter has most definitely arrived. Everyday (and night) has been freezing and we’ve even had a bunch of snow. Snow that doesn’t stick, but still! So, if you’re just looking forward to a warm and lazy weekend in bed while reading things on your phone, here are a bunch of Friday finds for this week.
- The best and worst store bought mac and cheese, rated.
- I had a bad habit of skipping breakfast for the longest time…but now I know, it’s not actually BAD. Skip breakfast!
- Wow, I never knew the YA world was so wild…like high school all over again?
- Heehee phone etiquette, ya feel?
- Ugh…why is this happening? I feel like kids don’t get it sometimes. I guess they’ve never heard about giving away the milk for free >_<
- Cute lil Pixar short.
- I’d eat it: cheesy fondue-like deep dish pizza in Tokyo.
- Buzzfeed laid off a bunch of editors because people will do their work for free.
- A way to stop mosquitoes? Be still my heart!
- Why people don’t like to buy groceries online. I kinda do though…LOL
- New emoji! I’m excited about the waffle but everyone can’t stop laughing at the pinching hand emoji.
- Energy bars…so hot rn.
- These Chinese new year cake stuffed cookies are so fun! Chewy mochi rice cake insides and funfetti cookie outsides.
- I’m really trying not to eat processed foods so these homemade cheese crackers look amazing rn!
- This one bowl passionfruit cake looks perfect for brightening up winter.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- I’m currently re-reading The Passage because it’s been made into a TV show. I haven’t watched the show but reviews look promising, if you like apocalyptic kinda shows.
- My hands have been so dry lately (thanks winter) – this super cute banana cream cracks me up and will keep me moisturized. It would be the perfect lil valentine’s gift for a girlfriend 🙂
- Speaking of Valentine’s, might pick this up for Mike, he loves minty shampoo and it’s nice to get him “luxury” goods because left to his own devices, he always buys drug store brand stuff for himself.
Lately on I am a Food Blog:
- Small batch coconut mochi muffins.
- Super easy cheater’s Chinese bbq pork buns.
- Pork belly and kale fried noodles.
- Spicy chili oil wonton.
- And just in case you missed anything, hop on over to the recipe page to see everything all nice in rows 🙂
- And if you really have time on your hands and want to take a look at some older Friday Finds, click here.
Hope you guys have a good weekend!
cinnamon spiced hot chocolate and toasted marshmallows,