2 sweet and tart apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
4 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup superfine sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 cups butterscotch chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
sea salt flakes
1. Apple filling: Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and toss together. Place mixture over medium heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until apples cook down a little and the overall mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool completely.
2. Cheesecake filling: Place cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer, until smooth and fluffy.
3. Scrape down sides of the bowl and set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl with the electric mixer, beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until fully incorporated.
6. Fold in cooled apple pie filling until just incorporated.
7. Assemble: Scoop the mixture into mini silicone ice cream molds (you can use paper Dixie cups too) and fit each with a mini wooden, popsicle stick.
8. Place molds in freezer until mixture sets up.
9. Place butterscotch chips and coconut oil into a double boiler and melt over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth.
10. Once the cheesecake bars have set, unmold them and quickly, but carefully dip each bar into the melted butterscotch and coconut oil mixture (you’ll have to work quickly because the frozen bars being dipped into the melted butterscotch will make it seize/harden pretty fast). Shake off any excess butterscotch and place each dipped bar onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
11. Finish each bar with an extra drizzle of butterscotch and top with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes. Serve immediately or cover and place back in freezer until ready to serve.