It’s Fri-YAY! This week has been so gorgeously fall. The air is crisp, it’s warm and sunny during the day and chilly at night, and the full moon has been incredible. Last Monday was the Mid-Autumn Festival and Mike and I celebrated by hanging out on our deck, watching the moon, and eating mooncakes. Apparently this year was Mike’s first ever mooncake. Wait. I just confirmed that with him and apparently he has eaten mooncake before, but he’s just never really liked them!? The one we had this year was okay though, according to him!
Have you guys had them? I mean, I think they’re kind of an acquired taste: if you don’t like lotus seed paste or red bean paste, or Asian sweets in general, I’m pretty sure you might think they’re kind of weird. I mean, they’re not even cakes, they’re more like a thin crust of pastry wrapped around a sweetened paste. I happen to love them, probably because they’re only around once a year and I’m mad nostalgic for things from my childhood.
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been reading on the internets 🙂
- I love ranch dressing, forever and ever.
- What teens are buying these days.
- Boba made right in the US of A. We managed to brave the long lines try Boba Guys earlier this year and I really liked them!
- Law Roach is an Instagram fashion icon maker.
- Cauliflower…so hot right now.
- Instagram’s co-founders just quit Instagram.
- Have you guys tried cheese tea?
- Perfect memory: superpower or burden?
- I would totes try the Shake Shack chicken nuggets – I’m a nugget monster.
- The veggie peeler that changed the world.
- Love it or hate it, auto tune revolutionized music.
- These are the CUTEST high hat ghostie conecakes!!
- These salted egg yolk and lotus paste beignets look amazing. Also can’t wait for the cookbook!
- I’m a huge fan of coffee jelly in my boba tea and now I can make it at home!
- This thick and creamy vegan mushroom gravy is cozy comfort times ten.
I’ve got my eyes on you:
- We splurged on these lights that change to whatever color you heart can dream of and I am in LOVE. Mike was the one who pushed for them – I was kind of like, sure, but now I’m obsessed. Currently typing this blog post while our house is lit up like a Turrell exhibit.
- Could this be the cutest spice grinder ever? I vote yes!
- I’m excited about the newest Murakami novel.
Alright, that’s it. Hope you guys have the best weekend ever! Mike and I are headed out on an adventure – I’ll be writing about it soon 🙂
cinnamon sugar apple galettes and ice cream,