My favorite month has arrived. October is the month of birthdays in my family. Amelia’s birthday is in a few weeks and she is incredibly excited about her new cake this year.
Here’s a lil’ round up of my favorite things to make during the official month of coziness.
1. One-Bowl Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Brown Butter Frosting – I made this on my Insta Stories (see my highlights) and it reminded me how much I love this dang cake. The frosting is like a drug—it is delicious and addicting. And so many of you have made it with rave reviews. It’s honestly a season-must-make.
2. Chorizo-Spiced Pumpkin Pasta – Here me out: the spices in chorizo are worth putting in all the things. And they work wonderfully with pumpkin. This pasta is super easy to throw together and it is so delicious!
3. Cornbread Chicken + Dumplings – I love this dish because the dumplings are my favorite thing ever. They are fluffy and delicious and this uses a rotisserie chicken (if you want it to), which makes it a super easy recipe to make on a weeknight.
4. Asian Pear + Apple Pie – I love Asian pears. They are so floral and delicious. I can eat them over and over just on their own. In a pie, they’re amazing.
5. Pumpkin Tres Leches – I love tres leches cake any time of the year. This one is super special because the cake is pumpkin and it is so fluffy and delicious. The spiced milk mixture is bomb. It’s a good make-ahead dessert.
6. Squash Saltado – We’re going to make this on Insta Stories soon because it’s one of my favorite very American renditions on this Peruvian classic. I grew up eating the meaty version but this one is super vegetarian friendly and it’s amazing.
7. Lemon-y Cheesy Spaghetti Squash (Dinner for One or Two) – During this time of year, I make spaghetti squash like every night. I love it. It’s so light and delicious. I had a first version of this at a restaurant in Portland. This one is super simple and chill to make.
8. Peanut Butter Pupcakes – If Amelia can urge you to make any recipe off this blog, it’d be these guys. She loves these cupcakes more than life itself. They are filled with her favorite food of all time: peanut butter. And honestly, I’ve eaten them and they’re not half bad.
9. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – I feel like every month, we need to have a cookie to make. And these are it for the month of October. They’re not spiced or chai or filled with pumpkin but they are SO good.
10. Cozy Pumpkin Chili – You can make this in an Instant Pot or you can make it in a crock pot. Or even in a regular ol’ pot and it’ll still be so amazing.